The key benefits of washer dryer combo units make them very useful in many different types of applications. Below I have highlighted each of these benefits:
- Space Saving – This is probably the biggest benefit about a combination washer and dryer. Instead of having two appliances, this unit combines both a washer and a dryer into one package. They come in a variety of load capacities, however, most of the combo units are about the size of a full size dishwasher and are counter height so you can even install them under your kitchen counter.
- Portable – You can purchase casters for most combination washer and dryers making them easier to bring out when you are ready to do laundry and move out of the way when not in use.
- Efficient – Combination washer dryers use less water than your top load washers since they use technology similar to a standard front load washer.
- Ventless – Most combo washer dryers do not need to be vented like your standard dryer does. This allows the combo units to be used pretty much anywhere there is electricity and a water connection.
- Electricity Requirement – The majority of combination washer and dryers only require a 115 volt plug instead of the 230 volt plug that is required by most of your standard dryer units.
- Gentle – Combo units utilize a horizontal axis drum similar to that found in front load washers. The horizontal axis drum mimics the washboard clothes washing action by raising the clothes out of the water and plunging them back in. This method of washing is much gentler on the fabric than the agitator method used by top load washers.
- Ease of Use – With combo units you have the ability to put your load of laundry in and it will both wash and dry them. Most even come with delay timers so you can have the load finishing when you are ready. Many people throw a load in before they leave for work and utilize the delay timer so that it will be finishing when they get home.
Do you have or have you ever used a washer dryer combo? Let us know in the comments!